E-Caliber 9.8 GX is a lightweight carbon electric mountain bike that rides—and looks—like a traditional cross country bike. It's built with the same race-worthy tech as Supercaliber, including our exclusive IsoStrut integrated shock, and it has a sleek Fazua drive system that delivers a little boost when you want it most.
It's right for you if...
You're an avid XC rider, and love the idea of an e-MTB that helps you push your limits without providing too much assistance. It's also great for those who want to get out and ride more, or keep pace with faster friends.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with 60mm of travel, a 120mm RockShox SID Select+ fork, and Trek IsoStrut shock. A Fazua Evation motor and 250Wh battery that can assist up to 20 mph when it's on, and gives zero drag when it's off. A SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line Elite dropper post, and Kovee Pro 30 carbon wheels with a 108-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for instant engagement.
The final word
E-Caliber flies down singletrack like an XC MTB—because it's modeled after Supercaliber! And the Fazua assist is awesome for riders who are looking for just a little advantage that’ll help them do even more of what they love.
Why you'll love it
- You get a helping hand from the motor on climbs and long rides, but it's a more natural-feeling assist that gives you an overall experience that's closer to riding an analog bike than a typical e-MTB
- The drive system, including the motor, is easily removable. Just take it out, pop on the included cover, and you'll have a standard mountain bike that weighs 2.9kg less than before
- IsoStrut gives you just enough rear suspension for cross country traction and comfort with less weight and more efficiency
- Pivotless seat stays save on weight and actively bend to help soak up trail chatter
- Wider Kovee Pro 30 wheels provide better tire support so you can run lower pressure and get more traction
|Frame||OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, IsoStrut, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Boost148, 60mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox SID Select+, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 RL damper, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 120mm travel|
|Rear Shock||Trek IsoStrut, Fox Factory shock, air spring, DPS 2-position remote damper, Kashima Coat, 235x32.5mm|
|Wheels||Bontrager Kovee Pro 30 carbon, Tubeless Ready, Rapid Drive 108, 6-bolt, SRAM XD driver, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear|
|Tires||Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120TPI, 29x2.40"|
|Crankset||E*thirteen E*spec Race Carbon, 34T|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM Eagle XG-1275, 10-52, 12-speed|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 RSC 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 15mm rise|
|Stem||Bontrager Kovee Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, Blendr compatible, 13 degree, 70mm length|
|Headset||Knock Block Integrated, 62-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Pro, 7x10mm carbon rails, 138mm width|
|Battery||Fazua Evation 1.0, 250Wh|
|Controller/Display||Fazua Remote bX|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Radioactive Red/Matte Black / Large||601842548592||5256318||ECA42631598K|